Following our conference on 8 June, Laymen Without Borders have organized a public gathering in Austurvöllur, Sunday 9 June at 16:00-17:00. The situation of refugees will be discussed and Haukur Hilmarsson remembered as a No Border activist.
The Program in Austurvöllur
- Eva Hauksdóttir gives a short talk on the main topics of the conference and their relations to refugee matters.
- Birgitta Jónsdóttir reads a poem
- Guðmundur Karl Karlsson gives a short talk about child refugees
- Jórunn Edda Helgadóttir gives a short talk on behalf of No Borders
- Steinunn Gunnlaugsdóttir pays says a few words about Haukur Hilmarssonar
If the weather is good we may also play some music
Walking with Lalli
Before the gathering Haukur’s friends and family will walk from Hlemmur to Austurvöllur, guided by Haukur’s friend Lalli. We will visit some places that are important to Haukur and other activists and tell stories of Haukur. The walk is not a part of the conference but everyone is welcome to join us.